Introductions Go Here

• 98 Replies

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.org
Introductions Go Here
« on: July 30, 2016, 06:03:22 AM »
Feel free to talk as little or as much about yourself as you please.  I'll go first (because I'm literally the only registered user (which means, I'm talking to myself.))

I've been in the Avatar fandom since 2005.  I've gone by plushulala on LiveJournal and Dreamwidth, plushu on ASN, and piandaoist on DeviantArt and Tumblr.  Feel free to appreciate me. :b

Welcome to ATLA.fans! :D

Loopy

• False Prime
  • Administrator
  • I'm Loooooopy!
    • My Fanfic @ tumblr
Re: Introductions Go Here
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 07:06:42 PM »
Hello, everyone. My name is Loopy, and I'm an obsessive AtLA fan.

How obsessive? I have 53 different AtLA "stories" on FanFiction.net, including a collection of shorts with 113 entries. I completed one novel-sized story, Retroactive, which is 30 chapters and over 190,000 words. I'm currently in the middle of another novel-sized project, Traitor's Face, which is currently at 32 chapters and over 248,000 words, and updates every other week.

I also have a sense of humor. People seem to like it when they don't loathe it.

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.org
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 04:28:38 AM »
Hey, Loopy...  I've added more profile fields for Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, and so on.  Just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to fill some of them out.

Guy

• The Resident Toxicologist
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 07:45:22 PM »
I'm Guy. I'm known to be very toxic and elitist.

I like dank memes and books.
"As he caught his footing, his head fell back, and the Milky Way flowed down inside him with a roar."

Loopy

• False Prime
  • Administrator
  • I'm Loooooopy!
    • My Fanfic @ tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 10:38:01 PM »

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.org
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 12:16:37 AM »
I'm Guy. I'm known to be very toxic and elitist.

Me too! >:D

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 12:18:42 AM »
Hey, I'm Nausicaa. I use that username on the ASN forums too.  :)

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.org
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 12:26:34 AM »
Hi, Nausicaa. :)

FartsOfNeil

• The Avatardist
  • Savage... Brutal... Bendt.
    • Art of Neil
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 12:46:38 PM »
I used to partake in the AS forums before I got bannedNotBanned...twice.  So you know I'm going to be a handful!  Loopy'll vouch fer me!

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.org
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 01:05:48 PM »
Who were you on ASN?

FartsOfNeil

• The Avatardist
  • Savage... Brutal... Bendt.
    • Art of Neil
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 01:39:50 PM »
I was Moonman/Ubern00b and had the misfortune of not being the biggest fan of Korra at a time when that wasn't really allowed.

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 01:57:50 PM »
I never summoned the courage to ask you how the whole Probation system works out. Is it set to expire at a certain time limit, or is it up to the Moderators to let you go?  Maybe you can email them and say "Guys, remember me? The incident that got me suspended happened four years ago!"

Anyway, hello everyone. I'm Colonel_Brian on ASN. It's a pleasure to see all these familiar faces here on ATLA Fans. I'm not sure if we'll be here long, but hopefully our sojourn here will be a pleasant experience. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:04:35 PM by theColonel »
Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.org
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »
I was Moonman/Ubern00b and had the misfortune of not being the biggest fan of Korra at a time when that wasn't really allowed.

I remember you as Ubern00b.

Anyway, hello everyone. I'm Colonel_Brian on ASN. It's a pleasure to see all these familiar faces here on ATLA Fans. I'm not sure if we'll be here long, but hopefully our sojourn here will be a pleasant experience.

Hi, Brian. :)

Loopy

• False Prime
  • Administrator
  • I'm Loooooopy!
    • My Fanfic @ tumblr
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 06:55:07 PM »
Hi, Nausicaa. :)

Hey, glad to see you here!

I used to partake in the AS forums before I got bannedNotBanned...twice.  So you know I'm going to be a handful!  Loopy'll vouch fer me!

I'm a mod here, so now you have to bribe me for worthwhile vouchings. :P

I never summoned the courage to ask you how the whole Probation system works out. Is it set to expire at a certain time limit, or is it up to the Moderators to let you go?  Maybe you can email them and say "Guys, remember me? The incident that got me suspended happened four years ago!"

Probation is the same thing as being banned, in that you can't post and a mod has to manually activate the user again, but a user on probation can receive PM's, while banned users can't. On ASN, bannings can be temporary or permanent, so the only difference really is the PM thing.

Welcome! Even if ASN comes back up, I'd like to use this forum to supplement it. It's not a case of competition, but I'd like this to be a place where we can refocus on the past of the franchise and do some fun events to inflame our enjoyment of it. ASN seems to not be meeting some needs, so perhaps we can do that here. I consider it like how fanfiction.net and deviantArt both meet certain needs that pure message board can't.

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 07:14:53 PM »
I see.

I guess if you want to post again on ASN, Ubern00b, you have to email one of the moderators. You should also remind them to reactivate the profile's of the people who have been on probation since 2008 or earlier!

Seriously, the reason why you can't post is because they forgot about you? :D

Anyway, I'd keep this site running even after ASN returns, simply because of the old faces! We can make that Veteran-only board Guy joked about a reality. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:18:41 AM by theColonel »
Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam