Poll

How has LOK influenced your opinion of ATLA?

I think less of ATLA now.
I love ATLA more after watching LOK.
It hasn't influenced my opinion of ATLA.

• 3 Replies

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.org
« on: September 17, 2016, 01:59:24 PM »
After watching LOK, I have a greater appreciation of ATLA because I can see how many ways things could have gone wrong had ATLA not had the writing oversight and input it did from people like Aaron Ehasz and Eric Coleman.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:02:10 PM by SC »

Loopy

• False Prime
  • Administrator
  • I'm Loooooopy!
    • My Fanfic @ tumblr
Re: How has LOK influenced your opinion of ATLA?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:25:56 PM »
Interesting point. In a similar way, I guess I appreciate individual contributions more, previously thinking of the creative team more in a more unified way. But my standards are so high for the entertainment I choose to love that I always knew what a happy accident AtLA was.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »
I'm afraid TLOK did more bad than good for me. Especially making Aang such a s**tty parent, and then the whole 'who cares about storytelling when you can buy the approval of people on Tumblr' ending make it hard for me to appreciate the series as much as before. I mean, I know the series hasn't changed, but my vision on the people behind it has, so yeah.

bassemand

• Sad Avatar Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 03:00:37 AM »
I think LoK has made me more aware of the small problems with Atla. But overall i've been able to seperate to two shows and ignore the major differences established by LoK.